Real estate brokers prioritize continuing education because the housing marketing doesn’t sit still. This is why conferences and seminars are excellent events to host as they provide brokers with valuable educational opportunities and a chance to network with others in their area.
Planning Your Real Estate Broker Seminar
A real estate broker seminar requires careful planning to get the most out of the event. If you’re not quite sure where to start, then you’ll want to begin by mapping out the essentials. To do this, start by answering these questions:
Who Is Your Target Audience?
Many real estate broker seminars are open to brokers and clients alike, and can be a beneficial way to get the community involved and help brokers attract new clients. However, planning can get a bit more complicated because you need to address both brokers and their clients’ education levels.
If you are solely targeting brokers, you can plan accordingly and create relevant content suited for their knowledge level. You need to decide who your target audience is before moving forward with planning because this will affect every other aspect of the event.
What Questions Need Answering?
Once you’ve identified who your target audience will be, it’s time to start researching common questions that need answering. If your event audience is solely real estate brokers, then you’ll want to consider topics such as:
- Current market trends
- Client expectations
- Client FAQs, etc.
If your seminar is open to the community as well, then you’ll need to address additional topics such as:
- What determines the value of a home
- Best ways to increase a home’s value
- The job of a broker, etc.
Set Your Budget
Before you start looking for the perfect event location, you need to set your budget. Why – because going over budget is the easiest mistake to make in event planning. Set your budget, including an emergency fund for anything that comes up unexpectedly, and stick to it!
Start Building a To-Do List
With your budget in place, it’s time to start building your event planning team and begin building your to-do list! Making a list of things that need to get done before the event will help ensure things go off without a problem, and having a team at your side ensures you get everything accomplished in a timely manner.
Be Smart About Advertising Your Event
The most important component of your seminar is attendees! You need to start advertising early on, but you also have to do it right. Slapping an ad on Facebook will not guarantee the right audience is going to see it. Most real estate brokers have a database they can invite and spread the word with shareable social media posts and emails.
4 Tips for Hosting a Successful Real Estate Broker Seminar
Once you’ve got the bare necessities covered, it’s time to dive into the nitty-gritty. What exactly makes a real estate broker seminar successful? Activities, networking ability, and incentives! Not quite sure where to start? Then consider these four tips to help you host the best real estate broker seminar possible:
- Have a variety of content available: Think outside of the standard PowerPoint presentation. Yes, it’s an effective method for presenting; however, it gets stale fast. Instead, consider sprinkling in informative video content, video conference calls with industry experts, and printed materials for your audience to take home with them.
- Plan plenty of activities: Nobody wants to sit for 3+ hours watching a presentation on the current housing market. Instead, find a way to incorporate a variety of activities into your seminar, including role-playing exercises, team building activities, etc.
- Designate a time for networking: Seminars are an excellent networking opportunity. However, this shouldn’t take over the entire seminar. Designate a time dedicated to socializing and networking to help keep the seminar running as scheduled.
- Always follow up with event attendees: It’s crucial always to send a follow-up message to your seminar attendees – whether it’s a “thank you” or “Event Recap” message.
With Proper Planning, You Can Host a Successful Real Estate Broker Seminar
A successful real estate broker seminar takes time and planning. However, when done right and with the right venue and team at your side, your event can be a massive success. So, get your next event off on the right foot with these tips!