What’s the best way to raise money for your cause and build relationships with your community?
A gala fundraiser, of course!
Such an event will excite those in your community. After all, who doesn’t love a fancy party? It will also help them develop or maintain an interest in your cause.
Here are some steps you can take to organize a successful fundraising event.
Why Host a Gala Fundraiser and 6 Ways to Make It a Success
A gala is a perfect opportunity to gather donors so you can present all of your nonprofit’s achievements. Here are some other reasons to host a gala.
- You get a chance to interact with people in person
- Your donors get to see the impact of their donations
- It can motivate supporters to keep donating to your cause
- It helps to build trust with supporters
Here is how to ensure your event will impress your donors and keep them interested.
1. Review Your Goals
There’s no sense in planning and hosting a gala if it won’t achieve what you need it to. Review your goals, objectives, and budget. If a gala seems like the logical way to meet all of your needs and will fit your budget – go for it.
2. Get Clear on Your Theme
Choosing a theme will help narrow your focus, which will simplify your planning process. It will be easier to choose food, decorations, and even a venue.
You want to keep two things in mind when choosing a theme.
- Does it match the personality of your nonprofit?
- Will it be enjoyable for attendees?
3. Think About What Will Make People Want to Attend
Things that can get potential supporters interested in attending:
- An expert speaker
- A celebrity honoree
- A popular band or another type of performer
4. Find a Venue That Will Fit Your Needs
A venue is going to be one of the higher-cost items you’ll invest in, so you should start reviewing your options early on in the planning process.
Not every venue is ideal for every event. While evaluating various venues, ask yourself:
- Is it the right size?
- Does it fit your kitchen and dining needs?
- Does the venue have A/V equipment and Wi-Fi?
- Does the venue’s mood fit your theme?
- Is it easily accessible for attendees?
- Is there an on-staff clean-up crew, or will you have to hire someone?
5. Come Up with a Fundraising Goal
Once you’ve figured out how much you want to raise, some ways to achieve your monetary goal include:
- Ticket sales
- Live or silent auctions
6. Market Aggressively
It’s essential to market every fundraising event you host, but marketing is essential for galas. A gala is a considerable investment of your time and money. Therefore, you want as many people to attend as possible.
Some channels to utilize:
- Marketing emails
- Content marketing
Another avenue is social media marketing. Here are some statistics that prove why you’ll want to invest in this type of marketing.
- Over 19% of nonprofit event registrations are done on mobile devices
- The average text-to-give donation is nearly $110
- Over 50% of people who will visit your website will do so on their phone, likely after seeing an email or social media post from your company
Cultivate Relationships Early to Ensure a Successful Event
Keep in touch with your donors. Meet with them in person when you can. Create events – like fundraising galas – that will show them their support is really making a difference.
Let The Venue at Friendship Springs Help You Create the Perfect Fundraising Gala
In order to create a successful fundraising event that will impress your donors, you need a great venue. The Venue at Friendship Springs has everything you need. Complete with an auditorium, banquet rooms, conference rooms, a full working caterer’s kitchen, and the latest technology it is designed with the ultimate in flexibility.
The Venue at Friendship Springs will help you create event that will achieve your greatest fundrasing goals.